Are you planning on making changes to the exterior of your home? Did you know that certain of our KHG Declaration of Protective Restrictions (DPRs) contain architectural restrictions? To help our stakeholders stay within compliance with the DPRs, we ask that all stakeholders submit plans to KHG for review and approval by the KHG Architectural Review Committee prior to making changes.
The process is easy:
- Submit both a hardcopy and digital copy (via email) to the KHG office before starting construction (contact info here)
- Fill out this Architectural Plan Review Application and submit it with your plans
- Stakeholders must submit scaled plans with dimensions to KHG’s office, via hardcopy (minimum 36 inches by 24 inches) and email, prior to start of construction.
- The KHG Architectural Review Committee Coordinator (ARCC) or KHG Operations Manager will:
- Log the receipt of the plans into the KHG Architectural Database
- Determine within five business days if the submitted plans are sufficient to conduct the review
- If the plans are complete they will be sent to an architect for review and the stakeholder will be notified that a decision will be received within 30 days of the submittal
- If the submitted plans are not complete, the ARCC or Operations Manager will request additional information and the 30 day period will not start until the required material is received by KHG
- The architect reviewing the plans will refer to the appropriate DPRs for the property’s tract and lot (find DPRs here)
- Upon review of plans, the architect will submit a Plan Review Report to the ARCC and Operations Manager; at least one other member of the Architectural Review Committee will review this report and provide their signature on this report
- If plans are approved, the Plan Review Report is then sent to the stakeholder with a cover letter and approval will be noted in the Architectural Review Committee Report prepared for the next Board of Directors meeting
- If plans are not approved, the Plan Review Report will be included in the Architectural Review Committee report prepared for the next following Board of Directors meeting
- The Board of Directors will vote to accept or not accept the Committee’s finding and recommendation, and will be responsible for the notification to the stakeholder that plans were not approved
Please remember that the Architectural Review Committee’s job is maintain compliance with the DPRs to benefit the entire community.
Please use the contact information in the right sidebar for help submitting your plans.
Your KHG Architectural Review Committee