Our Annual Member Meeting & Board Election is coming up on June 1st at the Westchester Fire Station. A light buffet will be served at 12:30 pm and the program will commence at 1 pm.
Our Theme This Year
This year’s theme is “Everybody’s talking – hot topics right now in Kentwood.”
Our featured speaker will talk about existing and proposed density development laws, including an update on SB 50. We will also have representatives of the Neighborhood Council filling us in on that body’s role in our community and how to get involved. We also have a Neighborhood Council election coming up and we’ll have candidates on hand for a meet & greet.
(bios will be added as they become available)
• Welcome & Opening Remarks – Tracy Thrower Conyers
• New Developments in High Density Building – Could Your Neighbor Next Year Be a Four Story Multi-Family Building? – Ileana Wachtel
• What is the Neighborhood Council and Why Should I Care? – Garrett Smith
• What Is Our Neighborhood Council Doing About Density Development? The Role of the NC’s PLUC – Kimberly Fox
• ADU’s – The Pro’s & Con’s & What KHG is Doing About Them – Aaron Torrence
• LMU – An Update On What Our Neighbor Is Building – Fred Puza
(tables to explore after our speakers)
• KHG Committee Table – Find out how to get involved with your association.
• LAX Northside Plan – 340 acres of land was acquired by LAX decades ago to create a buffer between the airport and Westchester. Come see what is planned for the space.
• LAX Landside Access Modernization Program (“LAMP”) – LAX has some really ambitious modernization plans on tap for the next few years. Find out what that looks like and how it’s going to impact our community.
• Neighborhood Council Candidate Meet & Greet – the NC election is the day after our meeting. Come meet a few of the candidates and learn their plans for supporting our community.
Ballots will be cast and counted during the speaker portion of our meeting. Results will be announced at the completion of the process.
As mentioned above, a light lunch will be served. It would be super helpful for planning purposes if you could drop an RSVP on our Facebook Event Page to let us know how many in your party will be joining us and having a bite to eat. If Facebook isn’t your thing, please email email@example.com with “Annual Meeting RSVP” in the subject line.
See you on the 1st!! Please check back on this page throughout the week to see changes and new details for the event.