Community Resources

Handy Info To Have

Wondering who to call when issues come up in Kentwood. Lots of resources below. Drop us a note if you have a resource to share with your neighbors and we’ll share it on this page.

City Resources

3-1-1: Citywide toll-free number for city government information and non-emergency services (many services below can be reached by dialing 3-1-1

My LA 311: smartphone app with which you may request city services, such as graffiti removal, pothole repair, and bulky item pickup, as well as pay your DWP bill

You can also call 3-1-1 or use the smartphone app to report illegal bulky item dumping

Los Angeles Police Department—Pacific Area Station:

  • Non-emergencies requiring LAPD – 877.ASK.LAPD
  • Senior Lead Officer (SLO) Sophia Castaneda 310.622.3978Email: (call the SLO for community and quality of life concerns)
  • Front Desk/Watch Commander: 310.482.6334
  • LAPD Community Relations (Pacific Division): 310.482.6397
  • LAPD on Facebook
  • LAPD on Twitter for the latest crime mapping information go to, choose crimemapping, scroll down, choose Pacific Division, check box in upper right hand corner to adjust dates

Bureau of Street Services regarding trees owned by the city – FAQ at this link

Office of City Councilperson Traci Park (Council District 11):

  • Westchester Office: 7166 W. Manchester Ave.(next to library)  | 310.568.8772
  • Westchester Deputy – Sean Silva

Department of building and safety:  213.473.3231

LADOT: For street requests, such as parking signs, stop signs, city tree issues, street light outages and potholes, use this link and click the orange I WANT TO link in the upper left-hand corner

Bureau of Sanitation (trash, bulk items):  800.773.2489

Hazardous waste being illegally dumped on the street: call Watershed Protection and request Environmental Compliance: 323.342.6006 (6:30 am – 4 pm) and 213.485.7575 (3:30 pm – 1 am)

Hazardous waste disposal (batteries, green light bulbs etc.): 7660 W. Imperial Hwy. Gate B Playa del Rey (Sat- Sun 9am – 3pm)

LA Homeless Services Authority Emergency Response Team: 213.225.6581 OR dial 2-1-1 to reach the County (state that you are requesting outreach for someone who appears homeless and in need of services)

Parking enforcement:  213.485.4184

Abandoned vehicles: if cars are left for 72 hours, report the make, model, exact location, color and license plate to 800.222.6366 (800-ABANDON)

Department of Water and Power: 800.DIALDWP (800.342.5397)

Gas company:  800.427.2200

Anti-Party House Ordinance (confirmed in effect on 3/3/2020) – click here

Noise enforcement: (information on  213.996.1250

Barking dogs: complaints must be in writing and mailed (more information at this link). Links to get Animal Services assistance with wildlife, animal cruelty and deceased animals can be found here, as well as information on microchipping and licensing

Other City Services: For other City services, including making payments, thinks to do, emergency preparedness, reporting fraud, etc., use this link

Good Neighbor Construction Practices can be found at this link.

Good Neighbor Laws

The City of LA has a series of laws designed to help make city life more livable for everybody. Find those rules here.


Information on reporting a neighborhood disturbance on LMU’s here. Our recent post on this topic is here.

Party House Ordinance passed in 2018 – press release here and ordinance here.

Homeless Outreach

LA Homeless Services Authority Emergency Response Team: 213.225.6581 OR dial 2-1-1 to reach the County (state that you are requesting outreach for someone who appears homeless and in need of services). You can also request support through their online portal here.